- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 30 min
- Makes: 12 servings
Whole Grain Flax and Berry Muffin
- 1 cup Whole wheat pastry flour
- 3⁄4 cups All-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup Brown sugar,packed
- 1⁄4 cup Flax seed meal
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Salt
- 1⁄2 cup Soybean oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 Egg,beaten
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cup blueberries,frozen
- 2 tablespoons All-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Brown sugar,packed
- 1 tablespoon Soybean oil
Instructions for Whole Grain Flax and Berry Muffin
Preheat oven to 375°F. Paper-line or grease 12 muffin cups.
Combine flour,whole wheat flour,brown sugar,flax meal,baking powder,baking soda and salt in medium bowl;set aside.
Whisk buttermilk,soybean oil,egg and vanilla in large bowl. Pour into flour-mixture and stir until just blended. Stir in blueberries until just blended. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups,filling 3/4 full.
Mix Streusel Topping ingredients in small bowl. Sprinkle over portioned muffins.
Bake for 18 to 22 minutes until edges and tops are golden