- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Makes: 6 servings
Veggie and Tofu Fajitas
- 3 tablespoons Fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 2 teaspoons Ground cumin
- 3 cloves Garlic,minced
- 1 Small jalapeño,seeded,finely diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Salt
- 12 ounces Tofu,extra firm,drained (1 block)
- 2 Bell peppers,cored,seeded and sliced
- 1 Onion,peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons Soybean oil
- 12 Corn or flour tortillas (heated)
- 3⁄4 cups Guacamole
- 3⁄4 cups Pico de gallo,store bought
- 1⁄2 cup Plain Greek yogurt
Instructions for Veggie and Tofu FajitasCombine lime juice,paprika,cumin,minced garlic,jalapeño and salt;set aside.
Cut tofu into twelve,1x1x3-inch pieces.Place tofu pieces in baking dish;top with marinade.Refrigerate at least one hour or longer,turning tofu occasionally to marinate evenly.
Heat 2 tablespoons soybean oil in large non-stick frying pan over medium high heat.Add tofu,turning frequently,until evenly browned and crisp;remove tofu from pan.Add bell peppers and onions to pan,cook until just soft,about 8 minutes.Gently stir in tofu pieces;remove from pan.
Serve with tortillas,guacamole,salsa and yogurt.
Nutrition Per Serving:
Sat Fat 1.5