- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 40 min
- Makes: 6 servings
Shrimp and Tofu Pad Thai
- 8 ounces Rice noodles,dried
- 1⁄2 cup Sugar
- 3⁄10 cups Ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup Water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cup Tofu,firm,drained and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cup Shrimp,small,cooked
- 2 teaspoons Garlic,fresh,chopped
- 1 Egg,beaten
- 3 cups Bean sprouts,fresh
- 1⁄2 cup Edamame,cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup Green onions,chopped,divided
- 1⁄2 cup Peanuts,chopped,divided
Instructions for Shrimp and Tofu Pad Thai
Soak noodles for 30 minutes in hot tap water;drain and set aside.(Noodles will be flexible,but not soft.)
Mix sugar,ketchup,water,soy sauce,worchestershire sauce and cayenne pepper in small bowl;set aside.
Heat oil in wok or large frying pan over high heat.Add tofu,shrimp and garlic,stirring constantly,for 3 minutes.Stir in noodles,stirring constantly to keep from sticking.Add ketchup mixture,stirring constantly,for 2 minutes or until sauce is absorbed.
Push noodles to side of pan.Add egg and stir until cooked.Add bean sprouts,edamame,1/4 cup green onions and 1/4 cup peanuts,stirring until mixed with egg and noodles.
Mound mixture on large serving plate.Sprinkle remaining green onions and peanuts over top.Serve immediately.