- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 40 min
- Makes: 4 servings
Peruvian Quinoa Soup
- 1 tablespoon GOYA® Vegetable Oil
- 1⁄2 Onion,finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 Green bell pepper,finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3⁄4 cups Celery,finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Medium carrot,finely chopped
- 1 can GOYA® Tomato Sauce (8 oz.)
- 2 teaspoons GOYA® Minced Garlic
- 4 packages GOYA® Salad and Vegetable Seasoning (mixed with 8 cups water)
- 2 Medium waxy potatoes (peeled and cut into ½"cubes)
- 1 cup GOYA® Quinoa,rinsed
- 1 tablespoon Fresh parsley,chopped
- tst GOYA® Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper
Instructions for Peruvian Quinoa Soup
Heat oil in 6-qt.pot over medium-high heat.Add onions,peppers,celery and carrots.Cook,stirring occasionally,until tender,about 10 minutes.Add tomato sauce and garlic to pot;cook until fragrant,about 30 seconds more.
Pour water mixture into pot;bring to boil.Stir in potatoes and quinoa.Lower heat to medium low.Simmer,stirring occasionally,until potatoes and quinoa are tender,about 15 minutes.
Stir parsley into soup.Season soup with adobo;divide evenly among serving bowls.