- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total Time: 1 hour,35 min
- Makes: 4 servings
Oven Roasted Tofu
- 16 ounces Extra firm tofu,drained
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Soybean oil (vegetable oil)
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Clove garlic,minced81⁄2 teaspoon Each oregano leaves,dried and crushed,and salt
- 1 Sweet red pepper,quartered
- 1 Medium onion,quartered
- 4 Medium mushrooms,quartered
- Chopped parsley for garnish
Instructions for Oven Roasted Tofu
Cut tofu in half vertically then horizontally.Drain on several layers of paper towels to remove as much liquid as possible.If desired,score surfaces to allow more marinade to penetrate tofu.
Combine vinegar,oil,sugar,garlic,oregano and salt;mix well.
Place tofu and vegetables in a shallow baking pan leaving enough space between the pieces for even roasting;brush with vinegar mixture.Let stand 30 minutes,brush again and let stand 30 minutes longer.
Bake tofu,pepper and onion at 500°F 30 to 35 minutes.Turn once halfway through baking time.Add mushrooms during last half of roasting time.Transfer to platter and sprinkle with parsley.Makes 4 servings.