- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Makes: 6 servings
Home-Style Tacos al Pastor
- 5 GOYA® Guajillo Chilles
- 5 GOYA® Pasilla Chiles or GOYA® Ancho Chiles
- 1 GOYA® Chipotle Chile in Adobo Sauce (use one chipotle chile from 7 oz.can)
- 1 Medium white onion,halved
- 1 can GOYA® Pineapple Chunks (20 oz.)
- 1⁄4 cup GOYA® Distilled White Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons GOYA® Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon GOYA® Cumin
- tst GOYA® Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper
- 1 Boneless,skinless pork butt,2½-3 lb (cut into ½"cubes)
- 2 tablespoons GOYA® Vegetable Oil
- 1 package GOYA® Corn Tortillas,warmed (10 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons Fresh cilantro,chopped
- 1 Lime,wedged
Instructions for Home-Style Tacos al Pastor
Bring 2 cups water to boil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.Add guajillo and pasilla chiles.
Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until chiles soften,about 10 minutes;transfer to plate.Remove and discard stem and seeds.
Meanwhile,coarsely chop one onion half;reserve remaining half.Strain pineapples;reserve juice and fruit separately.
Transfer guajillo,pasilla and chipotle chiles,chopped onion half,reserved pineapple juice,vinegar,garlic and cumin to bowl of food processor.Puree until smooth,about 2 minutes.
Transfer chile mixture to saucepan over medium-high heat.Bring chile mixture to a boil;cook until paste looses raw onion taste,about 2 minutes.Season with Adobo;cool.
In large container with lid,or in large ziptop bag,combine pork cubes,cooled chile marinade and reserved pineapple chunks;transfer to refrigerator.Marinate at least 2 hours,or up to 24 hours.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.Strain pork and pineapples,discarding marinade.Add pork and pineapples to skillet.
Cook in batches until dark golden brown on all sides and cooked through,about 15 minutes;transfer to large serving plate.
Meanwhile,finely slice remaining onion half.Transfer sliced onion to bowl with cilantro.
Serve pork and pineapple mixture in warm tortillas.Garnish pork tacos with cilantro,onions and limes.