- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total Time: 1 hour,10 min
- Makes: 12 servings
Farmhouse Pecan Pie
- 1 1⁄2 cup All-purpose flour,made from U.S.-grown wheat
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Salt
- 1⁄2 cup U.S.-grown soybean shortening,chilled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons Ice water
- 3 Farm-fresh eggs (beaten)
- 2 tablespoons U.S.-sourced Honey
- 1 cup Light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup Dark brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄4 cup Unsalted butter (melted)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 3 cups U.S.-grown pecans (2 cups chopped,1 cup left whole)
Instructions for Farmhouse Pecan Pie
In a medium bowl or food processor,combine the flour and salt.Add the shortening and cut with 2 knives or process until coarse crumbs form.Drizzle in the ice water and toss or process until dough begins to hold together.Turn dough onto a smooth surface and gather into a ball.Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 375°F.Roll dough into a 12-inch circle and transfer to a 9-inch pie plate.Trim dough until it hangs over 1/2-inch all the way around.Fold edges of dough under and crimp edges.
In a large bowl,whisk together eggs,honey,corn syrup,brown sugar,butter,salt and vanilla.
Line pie crust with chopped pecans and pour filling mixture over.Cover the top with the whole pecans and bake 35-40 minutes.If nuts are starting to burn,cover with foil.Bake until filling is slightly wobbly but mostly set and puffed.Let cool at least 2 hours before serving.