- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 30 min
- Makes: 8 servings
Crispy Fish Tacos with Kimchi
- 4 cups Soybean oil (for deep frying)
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 pound Cod filets,uncooked,cut into 2x1-inch strips
- 6 tablespoons Fire-roasted salsa
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 8 Fresh corn tortillas,6-inch
- 1 cup Kimchi
- 2 cups Shredded red cabbage
- 1 cupGrated carrots
- 1⁄2 cupFrozen edamame (shelled),cooked according to pkg directions
Instructions for Crispy Fish Tacos with Kimchi
Preheat soybean oil to 350°F in heavy frying pan or small deep fryer.Line baking sheet with paper towels.
Place egg in shallow dish.Place panko bread crumbs in a separate shallow dish.Dip fish pieces into egg and then roll in panko,pressing gently into each side of fish,to coat completely.
Carefully place 8 pieces of fish into hot oil.Fry approximately 4 minutes,turning once,until golden brown and crisp.Remove from oil;place on paper towels to drain.Repeat with remaining fish.
Combine salsa and mayonnaise in small bowl.Top each tortilla with 2 pieces of fish,kimchi and assorted vegetables as desired.Serve with salsa mixture.