- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 20 min
- Makes: 6 servings
Creamy Edamame Arugula Soup
- 1 teaspoon Soybean oil (often labeled"vegetable oil")
- 1 Small onion,diced
- 3 cups Frozen edamame (shelled)
- 2 cups Low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup Plain soymilk
- 1 cup Baby arugula leaves,packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- Greek-style yogurt (optional)
Instructions for Creamy Edamame Arugula Soup
Heat soybean oil in large saucepan over medium heat.Add onions and cook for 2 to 3 minutes,until soft.Add edamame and broth;simmer for 5 to 6 minutes,until just tender.
Place mixture in food processor;add soymilk and arugula.Process 1 minute,or until smooth.
Return to saucepan.Heat over medium heat,stirring occasionally,until soup begins to simmer.Ladle into bowls;top with yogurt,if desired.
Thin soup with additional vegetable broth as needed.