- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 20 min
- Makes: 4 servings
- 1 can Whole tomatoes,peeled,unsalted,1/2 cup of juice reserved (12 oz.can)
- 1 Jalapeño,with seeds,roughly chopped
- 1 Small white onion,chopped
- 1 Chipotle chile in adobo
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1⁄4 cup Fresh cilantro,chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Soybean oil
- 1⁄2 cup Soybean oil
- 4 6-inch corn tortillas (cut into triangles)
- 1⁄4 cup Shredded jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons Cotija cheese,crumbled
- 4 Eggs
Instructions for ChilaquilesPlace tomatoes,reserved tomato juice,jalapeño,onion,chile,garlic,cilantro and salt in blender.Puree for 30 seconds until smooth.
Heat 1 tablespoon soybean oil in medium saucepan over medium heat.Add tomato mixture,stir to thicken;remove from heat.
Heat 1/2 cup soybean oil in medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat.Fry tortilla pieces until crisp.Drain on paper towels.
Drain oil from pan;add eggs and cook to desired doneness.
Preheat oven to broil.Layer tortillas,tomato mixture and cheeses in oven safe dish.Broil until cheese is melted,watch carefully.
Nutrition Per Serving:
Sat Fat 4g