- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 min
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 min
- Makes: 8 servings
- 1 cup Fresh cilantro leaves,packed
- 1⁄2 cup Soybean oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 4 cloves Garlic,chopped
- 1 Fresh jalapeño,stemmed,seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons Fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 pound Skirt or flank steak,trimmed
- 16 6-inch corn tortillas (heated)
- 1 cup Salsa verde,store bought
- 1⁄2 cup Pickled red onion
- 1 cup Fresh cilantro leaves,chopped
- 1 cup Crumbled cotija cheese or queso fresco (4 oz.)
- 2 Limes,cut into wedges
Instructions for Carne AsadaPuree cilantro,soybean oil,orange juice,garlic,jalapeno and lime juice in blender until smooth.Place marinade in large bowl with steak;marinate for at least 1 hour at room temperature or refrigerate for 3 hours.
Preheat grill medium high.Remove steak from the marinade,place on grill.Cook,flipping once,about 3 minutes per side for medium rare (135° F) or until desired level of doneness.Let steak rest for 10 minutes;slice into thin strips.
Assemble tacos with tortillas,steak,salsa,pickled onion,cilantro and cheese.Serve with lime wedges for squeezing over.
Nutrition Per Serving:
Sat Fat 3.5g